Joint Apprentice and Training Committee (J.A.T.C.)
SHEET METAL WORKERS LOCAL UNION #17 J.A.T.C. APPRENTICE AND TRAINING PROGRAM
Sheet Metal Workers Local Union #17
Metal & Air Conditioning Contractors of the Building Trades
Employers Association of Boston and Eastern Mass.
Massachusetts counties: Bristol, Essex, Suffolk, Middlesex, Norfolk, Plymouth, Fall River.
Term of Apprenticeship:
Five (5) years
Safety, drafting, sheet metal layout, math, service work, field installation, architectural sheet metal, welding, blueprint reading, sheet metal sketching, plastic, C.A.D., residential heating, testing, Adjusting & balancing of air and water systems, HVAC
Field and Shop Work:
Installation of duct work, Cornice (roof) work, Sketching, Welding, P.V.C. & T.A.B.
- AGE: Eighteen (18) years or older
- REQUIRED: Three (3) letters of recommendation from non-family members & a copy of your High School transcripts & a copy of your diploma or G.E.D. with the grades
- HEALTH: Must be physically capable of performing the work of the trade
- TEST, etc.: Orientation, interview, pre-hire physical & drug screen
- EDUCATION: High School graduate preferred, G.E.D. accepted
- RESIDENCY: Must reside within the jurisdictional area
Candidate Forms: Accepted every third (3rd) Thursday of each month between the hours of 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. (We only select apprentices once (1) a year in June or July, but we accept candidate forms monthly.)
Drivers license and transportation mandatory.
Joseph W. Joyce Apprenticeship Training Center
Sheet Metal Workers' Local Union #17
1181 Adams St., Dorchester, MA 02124
Contact Person: John Healy, Coordinator
EOE: We are an equal opportunity is provided to all regardless of race, color, creed, sex or national origin.
TO VIEW RATE SHEET, CLICK THE ATTACHMENT BELOW FOR THE MOST CURRENT APPRENTICE RATES AS OF AUGUST 1, 2012
TO VIEW 2012 - 2013 APPRENTICESHIP SCHOOL CALENDAR: CLICK ON ATTACHMENT BELOW
TO VIEW INFORMATION REGARDING WENTWORTH INSTISTUTE OF TECHNOLOGY & J.A.T.C.: CLICK ON ATTACHMENT BELOW
|Wentworth Institute for website.doc||41 KB|
|APPRENTICE CALENDAR.xls||295 KB|