Local 17 apprentices participated in our 2020 Apprenticeship Contest to showcase their abilities and their skills. Each apprentice competed against their classmates in written and application-based exams, and Business Agents, Instructors, and retirees evaluated their work.We’re pleased to announce our winners:
5th Year Class
- 1st Place: Barry Durnin, McCusker-Gill, Inc.
- 2nd Place: Derek Cooke, J.C. Cannistraro, LLC.
- 3rd Place: Nicholas Roche
4th Year Class
- 1st Place: Kevin Knapp, C.P. Blouin
- 2nd Place: Matthew Pacheco, McCusker-Gill, Inc.
- 3rd Place: Michael Moon, Walsh Mechanical Contractors
3rd Year Class
- 1st Place: Alexander Seelig, JEC Service Company
- 2nd Place: Christopher McBreen, Worcester Air Conditioning
- 3rd Place: John R. Gildea, Bryant Sheet Metal & Construction
2nd Year Class
- 1st Place: Nicholas Dickinson, C.P. Blouin
- 2nd Place: Stephen Higgins, Cox Engineering
- 3rd Place: Andrew Richards, Excel HVAC, Inc.
1st Year Class
- 1st Place: Jeffrey Richard, Excel HVAC, Inc.
- 2nd Place: Daniel Hatfield, J.C. Cannistraro, LLC
- 3rd Place: Jacalyn Smith, Worcester Air Conditioning
Congratulations to the winners and thanks to everyone who turned out to participate and volunteer. We’re always proud to see what our apprentices can do.