J.A.T.C Apprenticeship Training School
SHEET METAL WORKERS LOCAL UNION #17 J.A.T.C. APPRENTICE AND TRAINING PROGRAM
Sheet Metal Workers Local Union #17
Metal & Air Conditioning Contractors of the Building Trades
Employers Association of Boston and Eastern Mass.
Massachusetts counties: Bristol, Essex, Suffolk, Middlesex, Norfolk, Plymouth, Fall River.
Term of Apprenticeship:
Five (5) years
Safety, drafting, sheet metal layout, math, service work, field installation, architectural sheet metal, welding, blueprint reading, sheet metal sketching, plastic, C.A.D., residential heating, testing, Adjusting & balancing of air and water systems, HVAC
Field and Shop Work:
Installation of duct work, Cornice (roof) work, Sketching, Welding, P.V.C. & T.A.B.
- AGE: Eighteen (18) years or older
- REQUIRED: Three (3) letters of recommendation from non-family members & a copy of your High School transcripts & a copy of your diploma or G.E.D. with the grades
- HEALTH: Must be physically capable of performing the work of the trade
- TEST, etc.: Orientation, interview, pre-hire physical & drug screen
- EDUCATION: High School graduate preferred, G.E.D. accepted
- RESIDENCY: Must reside within the jurisdictional area
Drivers license and transportation mandatory.
Joseph W. Joyce Apprenticeship Training Center
Sheet Metal Workers’ Local Union #17
1181 Adams St., Dorchester, MA 02124
Contact Person: John Healy, Coordinator
EOE: We are an equal opportunity is provided to all regardless of race, color, creed, sex or national origin.
For more information on upcoming apprenticeship and continuing education opportunities, visit www.lu17jatc.org