America should have a world-class infrastructure built by skilled union workers. Instead, we have a failing system in deep need of investment.
Now we have the opportunity to change things for the better.
After years of gridlock, the nation finally has an Infrastructure Framework bill worked out between the White House and a bipartisan group of lawmakers for $1.2 trillion in investment. The Senate passed this bipartisan bill in August, but it still needs to pass the House. In addition, Senate Democrats took their first step toward passing a $3.5 trillion budget resolution to fund infrastructure needs further. Congress plans to advance these two packages simultaneously.
We need Congress to pass this infrastructure package that creates and protects hundreds of thousands of good, union jobs in the construction and transportation industries as we set down to the task of rebuilding our nation.
Now is the time to take action to build a modern-day American economy. Contact your representatives today and ask them to support a final package that includes:
- Robust funding for school construction
- Labor standards as reflected in the PRO Act
- Strengthened rail and transit safety provisions (such as those included in the House’s INVEST Act)
- Contact your members of Congress with our online advocacy tool.
- Text the words Build Back Better SMART to 21333 (message and data rates may apply).